5.13.2013

Baby Holguin - 39 weeks

It is the end of week 39 and our little man is due in TWO days! I'm so happy that we've come this far but WAIT!!! HE'S ALREADY HERE!! Yep, our son was born before I had a chance to finish this post but I will still post it just for fun. I'll follow up in a couple days with the birth post!....

I'm so happy that we've come this far but it's also hard to believe that my pregnancy is going to be over. Almost bittersweet... but we'll see how I feel when he is actually out (I've heard it is quite a relief). One of the biggest mistakes I've made so far is expecting him to arrive earlier than his due date. I started dilating around 37 weeks and assumed that was an excellent sign of a potentially early baby. My family, friends and I all thought he would come before April 19th but when it came and went, I was actually pretty upset. However, once I realized he is better off coming on his own then I was able to calm down and let him be in control of his own arrival.

P.S. No scoffing at my HUGE belly - yes it looks like an egg/basketball/bowling ball

What we've learned: That our baby boy is healthy and in excellent shape. The midwife guesses that he is over 7lbs but not quite 8lbs. Everything about him is perfectly formed and since he's been cookin for the full 40 weeks, he will be even healthier! At our prenatal appointment today, the midwife said I'm 2 cm dilated, nearly 100% effaced and little man is chillin really low in my pelvis. She said "it will happen this week" and even though I'm skeptical, I'm also really, really, really excited. 

Cravings: Bubble Tea!!!! I've been enjoying it blended, over ice, with fruity flavor and without. The tapioca pearls are soooo delicious and I'm even thinking of tracking down all the ingredients so I can make it at home. 

Daddy duty: Andrew should be a certified masseuse by now. He has been massaging me like a champ and I don't know how I would get by without it. My  hips and lower back have been aching really bad so he is always offering a nice rub down. He's also been rubbing my feet after my long days and it makes such a huge difference. 

Nursery updates: It's done! I didn't follow any particular theme but tried to go with similar colors which were pear green, rusty red, grey and various blues. I have some fun patterns going on and will post pictures once I get a chance. 





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!