4.04.2013

Baby Holguin - 37 Weeks

Phew!! Week 37 starts today and I finally feel REALLY pregnant. Obviously I've been pregnant the whole time but my "symptoms" have been very mild. In fact I would say I haven't had any serious symptoms besides a growing belly and minor aches and stretching here and there. I still sleep great with the exception of two restless nights; I still decline seat offers in public; I book it to the bus stop everyday; I don't pig out on every meal, (but I'll admit I can smash a fat hamburger); I don't use my pregnancy as an excuse for anything except a foot rub here and there and I still manage to squeeze into a few pre-pregnancy clothes. Not to brag, but I've had a picture perfect pregnancy - until now.
I gained SIX pounds in two weeks. My feet barely fit in my Toms. My wedding ring sits on my desk all day instead of my sausage finger. My hips ache every time I stand. Braxton-Hicks hits me more often and for longer periods of time. Hot flashes. Constant bathroom trips. Extreme thirst. Baby legs in my ribs. Baby head on my bladder. And I can barely put on my underwear without running out of breath. God help me.

On a positive note, my friend Kristina Hearn (her blog here) captured some amazing maternity photos at 34 weeks:







On an even greater note, I see the midwife every week now and each weeks keeps getting better. At week 35, I was 70% effaced but not dilated at all. Baby has been head down for a while but has slowly started to drop. Yesterday, at the end of my 36th week, I was nearly 100% effaced, a "fingertip" dilated and baby was a little further down!! Woo hoo! And all that in one week. The midwife said my body is ready and now its up to him to make his appearance. I still have 3 weeks until his due date but he is now full term so he is welcome to come at any time! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!