6.02.2012

DIY Monogram Letter

I've been eyeing the monogram letters at the craft stores over the last couple months and debating on what I would do with one if I bought one. I finally figured out a project I could use it for (which will come later) but then I thought... I do not want to drive all the way to the store to get one of those letters right now... and as I stared at an empty cardboard box on the floor, I thought shoooooot! I will just make my own! I already had all the materials I needed and this project literally cost me 50¢ which is how much the book of sheet music cost. It's not extremely time consuming but you may have to play with the layers to get it just right. Have fun!



What you need:
Cardboard box
Scissors or box cutters
Yardstick
Pen
Spray adhesive, glue or tape
Your favorite paper or fabric

What to do:
1. Flatten out your cardboard box and find a large section with no creases. Trace the letter of your choice using your ruler.



2. Cut out the letter being careful not to bend the cardboard.



3. Select your choice of decorative paper or fabric




4. Begin wrapping your letter as you see fit. You may have to play with it a couple times to get it to look just right. I used hot glue and as you see in the photos, I just layered the paper with a strip of hot glue then trimmed the edges.




5. If you use paper, it is easy for it to rip as you wrap it around the corners of the letter. One way to make it easier is to wrap the edges like you would a present.




6. Cover all the cardboard and voila, you've got a cute DIY monogram letter!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!